Past: Dalmatinka Company; Present: Business park d.o.o.
The factory was completed in the outlined dimensions in the mid-1950s. The simplest horseshoe layout solution of the drive spaces surrounding the inner worker's yard resulted in continuous functional throughout the work process, and again was organized in an extremely rational manner. According to Horvat, the previously unused systems and technology, such as precision, smooth and reusable formwork, were directly used in the performance, directly supported by the foundations of the hall of the office building and the roofs. In the construction, special attention was paid to the relationship between structural elements and climatic conditions, with regard to economic viability and rationality. The rectangular floor plan, as the first segment to be built with associated storage and service and In the technical rooms, the floor plan along the longitudinal axis of the side service contents was mirrored, resulting in two identical dimensions of the spinning-room and the finished one with a green space. The spaces are skeletal halls of spinning yards and checkers, covered with equally laid back roofs, represented spacious work spaces, free in the organization of propulsion work processes. The interiors of the halls, separated by light, into white The wooden and glazed walls, laid parallel to the lines of the shaded roofs, seemed to be airy, richly lit and spacious. Parquet floors, as the most appropriate base for impact machines, have given the extraordinary impression of this extraordinary architectural achievements. The rest of the interior floors are completely covered with domestic multicolor stone and only a small part with alkasin. At the time of the construction of the mill, a large tunnel shelter was constructed opposite the northern one traffic, but it was later abandoned.
The Dalmatinka Yarn and Thread Factory was founded in 1951 on the initiative of Mr. Vice Buljan. After the funds were secured, architect Lavoslav Horvat was hired to design the factory. The structure of employees was mostly female. For years, the business has been economically successful. Raw cotton was sourced from Egypt, from which thread was produced to supply the domestic textile industry, and part was exported to a number of European and Arab countries and Russia. With its economic strength, the factory influenced the development of Sinj and the surrounding towns; a secondary textile school was founded and funded. Highly trained professionals worked in their own R&D lab and health station. In addition to housing through the construction of apartments or by lending, the Dalmatian also financed workers' resorts, sports clubs, and art section. In the late 1990s, after the bankruptcy proceedings, Dalmatinka ceased operations.
The factory complex has been supplemented for years with the accompanying buildings of workshops, warehouses, technical and energy facilities and garages, but by far the most significant interventions were made with the completion of the eastern paint shop building. 1973 and complete upgrade of the northern part of the factory assembly 1976. At that time, an extension of the spinning mill and the mill office were annexed to the original building in the north, and the central entrance and restaurant area with the workers' kitchen. The entrance part of the factory complex with the administration building, porter and ambulance and with a smaller garage was built at the same time as the first drives in the early 1950s. A different architectural style and design of skeletal reinforced concrete drive halls, covered with rooftop arrays, is a climate-friendly entrance stone in which the factory grew. Lined with homemade mulch, covered with heaps of ducts and closed with scabbards, this reception architecture contrasts formally with the concrete and glass of the working plants, yet forms a harmonious whole with them. Three workers were constantly employed only to maintain the rich horticultural areas of this large and successful textile assembly, and the Sinj area has been around for decades since the 1950s. characterized by a state-of-the-art textile factory employing approximately 4,500 workers at the time of the largest economic situation.
As early as the post-war period of 1946, the history of the long-term stage design and construction of the largest Yugoslav textile factory "Dalmatinka" in Sinj begins, first spinning mills and then finishing plants. According to data from the Zagreb APZ, the same year was marked by the beginning of designing a textile giant, defined at the beginning of the first five-year development plan, and completely completed in 1953 in dimensions of approximately 30,000 m2. The simplicity and purity of the original architectural concept and the achieved functionality of the working and all accompanying premises of the factory, for decades after its construction, caused the appreciation of the architectural and textile profession in the country and in the world. The purity of the architectural concept is rarely where it succeeded in its synthesis with the given technological processes, which had to be incorporated and shaped, and although the factory was built in stages, the segments were gradually but harmoniously upgraded to a logical and functional whole. The design and construction of the new cotton spinning mill, and then the finishing mill, involved a whole team of diverse experts. In designing a complex industrial complex, in addition to the basic tasks of an architect, Horvat had to fulfill the no less demanding task of coordinating numerous experts from different professions and specializations. In addition to the fine cotton yarn, the Sinj factory also produced thread after the construction of its eastern plants in 1953. Equipped with state-of-the-art machine tools and extraordinarily complex auxiliary facilities, the spinning mill and the machine shop have met the very sensitive technological process of production. Due to the increased water consumption, especially in the dyeing plant, the water supply requirements have increased, resulting in a double system. Therefore, in addition to the factory water tank, Horvat built a water tower with a tank of soft water, which was filled only by gravity flow through water purification devices, which at the same time became a recognizable vertical accent of the architecture of the factory assembly. Novelty of the applied structural system with regard to dilatation, by reducing the cross section of the end pillars, it resolved the issue of double pillars and grilles on the dilatations, while ensuring cleaner facades and views. The height of the roof sheds, simultaneously used as a static grid height, resulted in maximum rationality and cleanliness of the structure. The harmonization of the technological process of production with the design parameters, especially in the part of the office building, completely directed the architectural design and final design of the assembly. The simplest horseshoe layout solution the drive spaces surrounding the inner worker's yard resulted in a continuous functional throughout the work process, and again it was organized in an extremely rational manner.
The proposed project is a conceptual and conceptual solution for the remodeling of the old Dalmatinka factory. There is a great emphasis on the decoration of exteriors, that is, public spaces, and that is precisely the main intervention and guiding principle of the project. The function of the new complex is determined according to the needs of the town of Sinj and the local population, according to the contents of the surrounding towns and cities, and according to successful examples from practice. Content distribution is systematic and zones are logically intertwined, creating an area for business, for shopping, for recreation and socializing. The architecture of the old industrial complex of the Dalmatinka thread factory is a successful and significant example of Croatian industrial architecture. For this reason, intervention in the layout of an existing facility should be minimal and true to the existing complex. It is necessary to renovate the existing façade, to install new floors and new joinery in line with all the buildings that make up the complex. Intervention with colors and contemporary materials would take place in the exterior, thus reviving and becoming a visual attraction that attracts the clientele to the new business complex.